MEET DAVID STEPHENS, MD
Based in Bellevue, Washington, Dr. David Stephens is a highly skilled and seasoned plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Throughout his career, he has utilized proven and effective technological advances and techniques that, with his personal aesthetic sensibilities and attention to detail, provide for an exceptional “unoperated” result.
Dr. Stephens was recognized early in his career for his pioneering work utilizing small, “hidden incisions” and “endoscopic-assisted” procedures, a completely novel approach to plastic surgery of the face, breast, and other areas of the body. He continues to be an innovator in aesthetic surgery, utilizing the latest techniques and technology, including radiofrequency-assisted tissue tightening of the face and body contouring. His lifelong passion for skin rejuvenation and anti-aging skin treatments is reflected by his commitment to utilizing lasers and other minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatments to stave off and reverse the effects of aging and environmental effects on the skin.
Dr. Stephens’ passion and commitment is to understand and help his patients achieve their personal goals. He is committed to the highest medical and ethical standards and patient safety.
Dr. Stephens is recognized as a prominent plastic surgery leader and innovator of plastic and reconstructive surgery. He maintains committee and chair positions with the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the foremost authority for board-certified plastic surgeons in the USA and the world.
AWARDS & HONORS
He has been honored with numerous awards over the years including:
- Top 5 “BEST FAVORITE PLASTIC SURGEON” Evening Magazine
- “King 5” Best of Western Washington; perennial winner
- 425 MAGAZINE: “BEST COSMETIC SURGEON” 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023
- 425 MAGAZINE: “BEST DOCTOR” 2020 and 2021
- Real Self “Top Doctor” and numerous other “best of” lists
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Founder of “David Stephens, MD; Plastic Surgery | Aesthetics,” Bellevue WA; Since 1995
- Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL. 1990-1995
- Facial Cosmetic Preceptorship, Dr. Steven Hoefflin; Santa Monica, CA; Breast Surgery, Dr. Jim Grotting; Birmingham, Alabama
- Fellowship: Hand and Microsurgery. University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL
- Integrated Plastic Surgery Residency: SUNY Health Sciences Center, Chief Resident; New York, NY
- Residency: General Surgery, SUNY Health Sciences Center, New York, NY
- Medical Degree: MD, CM, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Bachelors of Science in the Biological Sciences with Honors, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, 1993
- Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member: American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member: International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member: The Northwest Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member: The Washington Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member: AMA; WSMA