AND LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU!
- We want to reassure you that we are continuing to maintain our high standards of Covid-19 precautions as we continue to follow local, state and CDC guidelines. We will keep you updated and informed of any changes.
What you should know before you come in:
We are a single-surgeon, aesthetic surgery practice in a state licensed facility. We only perform clean procedures on healthy patients. You can’t go anywhere and be safer than in our office because we are making sure to keep everyone safe.
- If you have any symptoms of respiratory illness, fever, aches and pains, or cannot smell common odors or if you have had any contact with a Covid-19 diagnosed individual within 14 days, please reschedule your appointment. We recommend that you should contact your primary care provider to discuss whether to be tested.
- If you have traveled out of the state or the country, please refrain from visiting the practice for 10 days. If you need to see us sooner, please provide a negative Covid-rapid test for your visit.
- If you are a new patient to us or haven’t seen us since Covid-19 began, please complete the Covid-19 Consent form (see below) and bring it with you to your appointment(s).
- Our waiting area is closed to visitors.
- Appropriate masking is required for ALL appointments. One will be provided if you do not have one.
- Due to the greater contagious nature of the Delta variant, we are reinstating our limited visitor policy at this time and do not allow guests, spouses or children to appointments unless medical assistance is required.
- For consultation patients, we encourage the use of Facetime® or any other video chat application if you wish to have a guest join you.
- Please arrive promptly at your scheduled appointment time. If you arrive more than 5 minutes late, we may be unable to accommodate you and kindly ask you to reschedule.
- Symptom screening and temperature check will be taken at your arrival.
- You will be asked to sanitize or wash your hands when you arrive.
- We require a 48-hour cancellation notice. Fees will apply for “no shows” and late cancellations.
General Office Procedures:
- Medical-grade air purification systems placed throughout the practice.
- Enhanced patient isolation utilizing direct-to-room patient visits.
- Disinfection of all exam rooms and all touched surfaces after every patient visit.
- All staff has been vaccinated.
- Staff hand washing protocols before and following patient exams.
- Strategically placed touchless hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the office.
- All staff adheres to the mask mandate and social-distancing whenever possible.
- Personal Protective Equipment, (PPE) as necessary.
- “Minimal touch” checkout procedures including front desk barriers and credit card terminal.
- Curbside product pickups are available; contact the front desk to arrange.
- Virtual follow-up visits are coming.
- Covid-19 screening procedures to minimize infection risk prior to surgery.
- Isolation for patients during your perioperative stay.
- Covid-19 virus testing prior to surgery.
- Terminal sterilization of operating and perioperative rooms prior to and between procedures.
- Deliberate vapor and droplet precaution standards per industry and CDC guidelines.
All patients, please complete the COVID-19 informed consent form below and bring with you to your appointment:
New or established patients who have not been to the office for over a year, please complete the following forms and bring with you to your appointment: