Posted May 01, 2020 in COVID-19
WE WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO ENSURE YOUR SAFETY.
WHEN WE REOPEN WE WILL BE IMPLEMENTING THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES:
•Please cancel your appointment if you have any symptoms of respiratory illness, fever, aches and pains, and any contact with a Covid-19 diagnosed or suspicious Covid-19 person within14 days.
We recommend that you contact your primary care provider to be tested if you have any possible contacts or symptoms of the Covid-19 virus.
•Please do not visit our office for fourteen days if you have been out of the country or to an area that has a high number of Covid-19 cases such as the NYC metropolitan area.
Consider scheduling your appointment to fourteen days after you arrive from out of the area.
•For new patients, we will email our registration forms to you prior to your clinic appointment.
•You will be asked to complete a Covid-19 attestation form on your arrival to the office, at your pre-op and the day of surgery appointments.
•Your temperature will be taken and you will be asked to wear a mask.
•Please, only one adult with you at your visit in your exam room. Our waiting area is closed to visitors.
You will be asked to wash your hands and anyone with you will be screened as well including temperature
and hand washing. We must ask that you refrain from bringing children with you to your appointment at this time.
GENERAL OFFICE PROCEDURES:
1) Total patient isolation, utilizing direct-to-room post-operative visits.
(We may be texting you in your car to wait before entering the practice for your appointment).
2) Frequent disinfection of all touched surfaces in public areas.
3) Disinfection of all exam rooms and all touched surfaces after every patient visit.
4) Thorough staff health check-in procedures.
5) Staff hand washing protocols before and following patient exams.
6) Gloves and masks to be worn by the clinical team for exams; glove hygiene.
7) Personal Protective Equipment, (PPE) as necessary.
8) Thorough patient contact and illness histories upon entrance.
9) Temperature checks and attestation form required for entrance.
10) Secure checkout procedures.
11) Virtual follow-up visits.
•Thorough Covid-19 screening timed to minimize infection risk prior to and the day of surgery. •Isolation from other patients during your perioperative stay.
•Covid-19 testing per industry guidelines.
•Minimal surgical team contact.
•Terminal sterilization of operating and perioperative rooms prior to and between procedures. •Anesthesia vapor mask precautions and PPE.
•Deliberate vapor and droplet precaution standards per industry guidelines.
David Stephens, MD, Plastic Surgery | Aesthetics